We will make meaningful and sustainable contributions to the communities where we work.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
we recognize that our role in social responsibility extends to all aspects of our activities including health, safety, environment and social. We will understand and integrate social factors into our decision-making process at all stages of our activities – from exploration and operations through to closure and reclamation.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
APZEM is committed to the protection and promotion of the safety, human health, and welfare of its employees, communities, and stakeholders. APZEM is committed to the protection and promotion of the human health, safety and welfare of its employees. APZME’s objective is to achieve and maintain zero workplace injuries and occupational illnesses as we believe that all injuries and occupational illnesses are preventable. We further believe that health and safety considerations are integral to and compatible with all other management functions in the organization and that effective health and safety management will enhance rather than adversely affect production or costs.
- Utilize the OHS Standards and project management systems to identify and eliminate or mitigate occupational health and safety hazards/risks;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable statutory obligations, relevant industry guidelines and internal and external safety and health standards;
- Ensure that management holds employees and contractors accountable for their safety and health performance;
- Establish clearly defined occupational health and safety programs complete with clearly established targets and performance indices;
- Make working safely a condition of employment;
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are trained to understand their health and safety
- responsibility in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all employees and contractors use proper personal protective clothing and the correct equipment for the task;
- Recognize and reward safe behaviour by employees and contractors;
- Prepare for and maintain capability to effectively respond to emergencies and crises;
- Investigate the causes of accidents and incidents and develop effective preventative and remedial actions; and
- Monitor, assess and audit our operations to ensure continuous improvement of our occupational health and safety performance.
APZEM is committed to minimizing the impact on and conserving the quality of the natural environments in areas where we operate. As part of our corporate environmental commitment, we will provide sufficient resources to ensure environmental risks are adequately addressed during all phases (exploration, design, construction and closure) of each project.
To achieve this, apzem will:
- Utilize the Environmental Standards and project management systems to identify and eliminate or mitigate environmental impacts;
- Apply a proactive risk-management approach to safeguard and protect the environment;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable statutory obligations, relevant industry guidelines and internal and external environmental standards;
- Foster and maintain an environmentally responsible culture, behaviour and awareness within the workplace;
- Encourage open dialogue and maintain processes for receiving and responding to stakeholder concerns with respect to our environmental commitments;
- Encourage workforce behaviours that promote environmental stewardship;
- Conserve and protect local water resources;
- Adopt appropriately funded reclamation strategies for B2Gold operations from exploration through closure;
- Prepare for and maintain capability to effectively respond to emergencies that involve hazardous substances; and
- Monitor, assess and audit our operations to ensure continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- All employees, contractors and site visitors of apzem are expected to adhere to the commitments defined in this policy. APZEM is proud of its commitment to the environment and will continually strive to improve our environmental performance and reduce our environmental impact.